Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Questioningly

As a follow-up to one of my previous posts, the new Jesse Malin cover album will be called "On Your Sleeve" and will feature Malin's take on songs by Neil Young, Tom Waits, Elton John, The Rolling Stones, The Kills, The Ramones, The Clash, and The Hold Steady. The record will also contain a pretty decent version of Lou Reed's "Walk On the Wild Side" -- which can now actually be downloaded HERE for free. I was at Niagara in the East Village a couple of weekends ago (owned by Malin) when I saw Jesse's bassist DJ'ing a set. In between songs, I asked him which Hold Steady song will be featured on the album. To my delight he DID confirm that it would be "You Can Make Him Like You" -- just an FYI. The record will be out April 7th on One Little Indian.

No comments: