Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bring It On Down

Well, I guess I'll just keep 'em coming. It was announced yesterday that Oasis will be releasing their seventh studio release on October 6th. Their first new record since 2005's Don't Believe The Truth will be called Dig Out Your Soul, and will feature the leadoff single "The Shock of Lightning." The song will hit radio on September 29th -- just a week before the album. According to Noel Gallagher, “If ‘The Shock Of The Lightning’ sounds instant and compelling to you, it’s because it was written dead fast. And recorded dead fast. ‘The Shock of The Lightning’ basically is the demo. And it has retained its energy. And there’s a lot to be said for that, I think. The first time you record something is always the best.”

Taking a page from their book, I'm gonna choose to not believe the truth. I literally worshiped these guys in like 1997, but Oasis really hasn't done for me (or Americans, for that matter) in about a decade, so we'll see if this one is finally able to make a splash. The band will be playing a brief stint of Canadian dates this summer with Ryan Adams & The Cardinals.

No comments: