Monday, June 23, 2008

A New Arrangement

Before Cassadaga, I was never really much of a Bright Eyes fan. Key word being before. After a buzz circulated about this album last year, I figured I'd throw this band a bone and give it a listen. I was gradually turned on to what I heard, and have consequently become a huge fan. I've since explored the depths of the band's prolific catalog and highly recommend doing the same. You might be surprised with what you hear. I sure as hell was. What does this have to do with anything? Well, Conor Oberst will be releasing his first (self-titled) solo album in 13 years on August 8th (depite what many think, he is NOT Bright Eyes inasmuch as Chris Carraba is NOT Dashboard Confessional) and the album artwork was released today (see below). Oberst has always reflected his surroundings in his music, and considering how this album was recorded in Tepoztlán, Mexico, this is sure to lead to some interesting results. Bottom line, this one's defintiely on my radar. For you New Yorkers, he will be playing a sold out show at the Bowery Ballroom on August 8th, and will be apparently be touring endlessly thereafter.

You can stream a couple of songs from the new record HERE.

No comments: