Tuesday, October 21, 2008

5 Years

Hard to believe it's been 5 years since Elliott Smith's passing. I remember I was in my basement dorm room when I heard the unfortunate news. I've said it once and I'll say it again -- it boggles the mind what kind of songs this guy would pen if he were still with us. Do yourself a favor and listen to some Elliott before you go to bed. It will put you to sleep in the best way possible. For those unfamiliar to his catalog, here are some good starting off points:

"Needle In The Hay"
"Say Yes"
"Angeles"
"Coming Up Roses"
"Son of Sam"
"Twilight"
"Christian Brothers"
"New Monkey"
"All Cleaned Out"
"Whatever (Folk Song In C)"
"Beacause" (Beatles Cover)
"Thirteen" (Big Star Cover)
"Looking Over My Shoulder"
"Between The Bars"

....although you really can't go wrong AT ALL.

R.I.P. Elliott

No comments: