Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Internet Killed The Video Star

While I will normally don't have the nicest things to say about the current state of MTV, they might actually score some points for their most recent move. Viacom just launched a new site called "MTV Music," which is essentially an easy-to-navigate, revamped repository of pretty much every video that's been (or, lately, not been) on MTV from the past 25 years. I see some redundancy issues with the site's title, but I'll let 'em slide. Anyway, the videos are much better quality than YouTube, and you don't have to bumble through amateurs' crappy renditions when you type in a song title or band. I've done a little spot-checking for my favorite videos from 1994 and so far, so good.

If you're bored at work, or just want to kill some time, here are some of the best music videos of all time to start you off:

Dinosaur Jr. - "Feel The Pain"
Wax - "California"
Nada Surf - "Popular"

No comments: