Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday (2/17/2009 to be exact)

I promise I'll get back the best-of/worst-of lists, but some interesting news surfaced today in Smith/Morrisseyland. The much talked about Moz album finally has a title, tracklisting, album artwork, and label. So basically, the whole shabang. We learned today that Years of Refusal will be released Feb. 17th on none other than Lost Highway -- the very label that's released pretty much all of Ryan Adams' releases. This album was produced by the late Jerry Finn and will be Morrissey's first since 2006's Ringleader of The Tormentors. Here's the confirmed tracklisting:

01 "Something Is Squeezing My Skull"
02 "Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed"
03 "Black Cloud"
04 "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"
05 "All You Need Is Me"
06 "When Last I Spoke to Carol"
07 "That's How People Grow Up"
08 "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell"
09 "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore"
10 "You Were Good In Your Time"
11 "Sorry Doesn't Help"
12 "I'm OK By Myself"

The good news: I think we already have a nominee for "Worst Album Cover" for 2009.

The better news: Morrissey has confirmed a tour with 4 (count 'em FOUR) local gigs at intimate venues:

03/16 - Montclair, NJ @ Wellmont Theater
03/21 - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
03/25 - New York, NY @ Webster Hall
03/26 - New York, NY @ Carnegie Hall

The best news: Now Ryan Adams can have an arguement concerning Morrissey with Morrissey. You probably won't get this.

No comments: